Beadia 1.1 has been released, containing numerous enhancements and bug fixes.
Here is a list of the changes for this new release:
- Added multiple currency support:
- Each Sale and Purchase can have a different currency than your system default - prices and amounts will appear in the new currency both on screen and in reports. Click the currency button to the right of the Items value field to choose a currency.
- Contacts can have their own currency - when you buy from or sell to them Beadia automatically chooses the correct currency for you.
- Note: Beadia does not convert currencies, only display prices with the relevant symbol.
- You'll find new Currency fields in the Sale, Purchase and Contact detail panes.
- Added sales tax/VAT support to sales. You can now specify a sales tax rate and Beadia will automatically calculate the sales tax amount (based upon the value of items plus postage cost). You can also specify a default sales tax for all your sales in the Financial tab of the Document Settings view.
- Added ability to view favorite Contacts when choosing a contact in the Create Sales Venue wizard.
- Added ability to view favorite and supplier Contacts when choosing a supplier in the Create Purchase wizard.
- Added ability to view favorite and low-stock Parts when choosing parts in the Create Purchase wizard.
- Added ability to view favorite Parts when choosing Parts in the Create Piece wizard.
- Improved user experience when creating a new Contact in the Sale, Purchase and Sales Venue wizards.
- All wizards now highlight the item they have created in the relevant library.
- Added ability to create a new Contact when choosing a Contact in the Sales Venue, Sale and Purchase detail panes.
- Parts now have two size fields.
- Parts now have five custom fields which work in the same way as those for Pieces.
- The Create Sale Wizard now sets the status of sold pieces to Sold.
- Added an Export feature to all libraries. Allows exporting of data to predefined export formats including CSV (comma-separated values), and Quicken Interchange Format for the Sales and Sales Venue libraries. To export data click the Action button (with the Gear icon) in any library and choose Export... to select an export format.
Contact us if you need an export format not already provided and we can design a format for you.
- Corrected structure errors in example data created by the New Document Wizard which resulted in the example Sales Venue not indicating the example Piece had been sold.
- Added Suggested buttons next to the four price fields in the Valuation tab of the Piece library. These buttons copy the suggested value to the relevant price field.
- Fixed a problem which prevented Lookup lists from being loaded and saved correctly.
- Improved searching for photos attached to Pieces and Parts.
- Implemented saving of reports as HTML files.
- Made the font size in reports larger to produce more readable text on printouts/PDFs.
- Corrected the Payment Method and Sales Platform fields both being connected to Sales Platform.
- Added scroll bars to the Contact detail pane so it can be viewed properly with smaller window sizes.
- Reformatted all detail panels so they look consistent.
- Corrected Sales library to display the total sale price in the list and not the item total.
- Added Description tab to the Parts library.
- The Piece library now indicates that a piece is in an active sales venue by displaying a small Sales Venue logo.
- Added a View Sale button to the piece library detail pane which only appears for sold pieces. Clicking it shows the related sale in the Sales library.
- Corrected an issue with filters containing a dash token to exclude words not returning the correct results.
- Custom fields for pieces and parts can now be filtered.
- The Low Stock report in the Parts library now correctly displays only parts whose stock is below their re-order level. If parts appear incorrectly, click the Action button (with the Gear icon) in the Parts library and choose Update Stock Information.
- Various stability improvements.
To install this upgrade, download Beadia from the downloads page, double-click the DMG file and drag the Beadia icon to your applications folder. Click Replace when warned about the existing file of the same name.
Warning - documents opened in version 1.1 will be upgraded to a new format and will no longer open in previous versions of the software. Back up your data files before installing this upgrade.